Cooper and I were included in the Chinese New Year tradition of sending red envelopes to loved ones. Our friend Natasha and her husband make bunny treats for their two girls and sent Cooper a few pieces in his red envelope. He immediately took one piece and ran away with it, not realizing he dropped half of it on his mad dash.
Natasha and her husband shared their simple, yet amazing recipe with us to share with all of you!
- 1 cup of pellets soften with hot water
- 1 cup of kale
- 3/4 cup of organic canned pumpkin (Pumpkin can be substituted with a whole banana)
- 6 grated baby carrots
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees
- Puree the organic canned pumpkin (or banana) with the kale and mix with the softer pellets. This will make sugar-like cookie dough, you can add more pumpkin or nana if the mix seems a bit dry.
- Add the 6 grated baby carrots to the mix by hand. You can now make them into any shape you like or you can roll out and cut into squares on parchment paper. Natasha suggests using a pizza cutter if you’re making them into squares.
- Natasha and her husband bake their bunny treats at 180 degrees for 4-5 hours, but you can use your judgment and adjust the temp and time. Trial & error, that’s what I say!
I hope your bunnies enjoy the homemade treats too!
You can follow Natasha and the adventures of Jonesy & Kahlua on Instagram @natashakrenico